- Organization Name
- Shelter House
- Is the organization a Domestic Violence Action Center (DVAC) partner?
- Is the organization represented on the Fairfax County Council to End Domestic Violence?
- Organization Description
- Shelter House, Inc. is a community-based, non-profit organization full of driven, passionate individuals who love what we do. We bring heart, intellect, and a great deal of energy to the pursuit of ending homelessness and domestic violence in our community. Our Core Values Are: Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Empowerment.
- Parent Organization
- 12310 Pinecrest Road Suite 304
- Zip Code
- (703) 955-7876
- Email Address
- Corporate Logo
Primary Contact for Inter-Agency Referrals and Questions
- Primary Contact Title
- Primary Contact Name
- Primary Contact Phone
- Primary Contact Email
- Note any special instructions about primary contact
- Include any instructions for agencies making referrals.
- Do you need shelter for your family? If so, please contact the Fairfax County Coordinated Services Planning (CSP) at 703-222-0880 for assistance. Shelter House is the sole contract holder with Fairfax County’s Office to Prevent and End Homelessness to provide prevention services to families at risk of homelessness in half the service regions in Fairfax County. The crisis intervention and supportive services provided help families, that meet the eligibility criteria, to stabilize in housing and avoid homelessness altogether. Computer use can be monitored and is impossible to clear completely. For your safety, please use extreme caution. If there is a possibility that your internet and/or computer usage might be monitored, please exit this site and seek a public computer if possible. If you are in eminent danger, dial 911 or our 24/7 Domestic Violence Hotline at 703-435-4940.
- Localities Served (Check all that apply)
- All Fairfax County, Reston Area, City of Fairfax, Town of Herndon
- Services Provided (Check all that apply)
- Support Groups, Victim Advocacy, Crisis Intervention, Hotline, Counseling services for children, Counseling services for adults, Psychiatric services, Emergency shelter, Transitional housing, Long-term/supportive housing, Housing advocacy
Languages spoken by staff/advocates
- Does this agency have access to telephone interpretation services?
- Languages spoken by staff/advocates (Check all that apply)
- Currently accepting new applications?
- Application Instructions - How to apply?
- Hours of Operation
- Does the agency charge fees for any services?
- If yes, describe fees
- Describe any eligibility guidelines (for example, eligible income levels)
- Describe any restrictions on eligibility (for example, Fairfax County residents only)
Agency Special Services Skills
- Agency special services skills (Check all that apply)
Agency Target Populations
- Identify your Target Population(s)
Who will be responsible for updating agency's information in the online resource database?
- Updater's Name
- Updater's email